2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
6 scallions (whites and 2″ of green), trimmed and coarsely chopped
6 egg whites
4 whole eggs
½ tsp dried tarragon or 1½ tsp fresh, minced
¼ c cold water
2 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into ½” wide pieces
½ c chopped fresh basil, arugula, or spinach (garnish)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
2. HEAT heavy 8″ ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat 1 minute. Mist bottom of pan with cooking spray. Add oil and heat 20 seconds.
3. ADD scallions and sauté, stirring periodically with spatula, until soft, about 30 seconds.
4. WHISK egg whites, eggs, tarragon, water, and salt and black pepper to taste in a medium bowl.
5. POUR mixture into pan and lay salmon pieces on top. Cook, stirring periodically, about 2 minutes.
6. TRANSFER to oven and cook until firm, golden, and puffed, about 6 to 8 minutes.
7. REMOVE using spatula, make sure that none of frittata is stuck to pan. Gently slide frittata onto warm serving platter. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
NUTRITION (per serving) 96 cal, 10 g pro, 2 g carb, 0.4 g fiber, 5.4 g fat, 1.3 g sat fat, 373 mg sodium
More from Prevention: 10 Amazing Breakfast Casseroles